AmeriCorps Project Assistant
Twin Pines Housing, the Upper Valley’s leading provider of affordable housing, seeks a VHCB Americorps Member to assist with project development, property management, and resident services. Learn all about how affordable housing changes lives. If you have a passion to serve others, come join us!
This position is part of the Vermont Housing & Conservation Board AmeriCorps (VHCB AmeriCorps), a national service program that places members with non-profit housing or land and energy conservation organizations around the state.
Twin Pines practices COVID-19 safety protocols. Many meetings are currently virtual. In-person meetings only take place when conditions allow and both parties are agreeable.
- Provide support for residents at all properties including support for development of two new properties.
- Attend meetings related to development and construction; communicate with vendors, tenants and staff.
- Engage with tenants on a one-on-one basis as needed.
- Communicate construction status, property updates, and other information to tenants through newsletters or other written correspondence.
- Assist residents with applications and other necessary paperwork to access benefits, assistance, and services.
- Provide social and supportive programming for residents.
- Improve food access for residents by assisting with the implementation of community gardens and lunch programs.
- Create, distribute and compile data through a rental resident survey collecting demographic information that the organization can use to determine how to best serve our residents.
- Assist with community and outreach event coordination and planning.
- Participate in an Independent Service Project under the guidance of VHCB AmeriCorps.
- Participate in VHCB AmeriCorps trainings, Service Days, Events, and Program Initiatives.
- Engage in professional and personal development activities and networking opportunities.
- Design program guides, brochures, fact sheets, flyers, etc.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians at properties as needed
- Office organization, filing and data entry relevant to a service position.
- Create content for program website and social media.
- Create content for resident newsletters and social media.
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to serve independently and with multiple supervisors
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Proficiency with Windows Microsoft Office programs
- Professional, friendly personality
- Reliable automobile and safe driving record
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Be US citizen or have permanent resident status;
- Be at least 18 years of age upon entering the Pre-Service Orientation or 17 years of age with written parental permission that has been verified by phone;
- Be a high school graduate, have a GED certificate, or be willing to work towards a GED as part of the service-term. A member cannot have dropped out of high school to join AmeriCorps.
- Has not been convicted of murder or sexual assault and is willing to undergo a National Service Criminal History Check.
- Be committed to the VHCB AmeriCorps program’s ethic of service and personal and professional development of its participants;
Service will be performed virtually, in an office setting, or at properties with property management and resident services staff. TPH practices COVID-19 safety protocols where its work is performed. Americorps members will have the option to work virtually when possible. The Member will be guided and supported by the Project Manager, Director of Property Management, and Resident Services Coordinator. Time will be spent at a computer, communicating by phone and/or Zoom or Teams, collaborating with team members, and interacting with residents.
Position begins September 8th, 2021 and ends August 12th, 2022
This position is: Full Time: Requires 1,720 hours for an average of 40 hours per week for 48 weeks. Member will receive a living allowance of $20,400 (pre-tax), and an education award of $6,345 (pre-tax) upon successful completion of service.